Top 5 Scribe alternatives you should know about
Scribe, a meeting recording and transcribing tool, is now being phased out as the company transitions into focusing on another product, Rewind.
For those of you looking for Scribe alternatives, here’s a list of five meeting intelligence solutions that you can use in place of Scribe.
What to look for in a Scribe alternative
Before we look at the Scribe alternatives in the market, let’s take a quick look at Scribe’s features and functionalities.
In essence, Scribe’s core features include
- Call recording
- Searchable transcripts
- Notes and clips/snippet sharing
- Timestamps and note-taking
These are functionalities you can expect in any conversation intelligence tool. However, you’ll find that most such tools come with advanced functionalities like meeting summaries and conversation analysis.
In the next section, we look at popular conversation intelligence tools and how they fare as Scribe alternatives.
5 Scribe Alternatives for you to Consider
Let’s look at these Scribe alternatives in detail.
MeetRecord is an AI-based tool for call recording, transcribing, note-taking, and call analysis. It integrates with existing meeting tools, calendars, and CRMs to help you track, analyze and improve conversations.
It extends beyond Scribe’s meeting intelligence features to analyze calls from a sales perspective to track keywords and capture insights. It also allows you to use insights from meetings to evaluate individual or team performance – meaning that you can also use it for sales coaching.
On the meeting management front, it offers a centralized way for teams to view and manage all their meetings and meeting notes.
- Target audience: Customer-facing teams in mid-market and small-sized companies
- User reviews: 4.9/5 based on five G2 reviews
- Pricing: Annual pricing starts at $59/user/month. It also offers a monthly billing option for smaller teams seeking flexible payment options.
- Pros: Ease of use, small business-friendly integrations, quality of support
- Cons: No free plan, only a free trial
Jiminny has a high focus on revenue/sales teams. It offers call transcription, summarizing, and collaboration features as well as specific features for sales coaching. It is a great tool for sales teams given that it also has a dedicated training and support community for sales reps, managers, and execs. It also comes with a Chrome extension to automatically log calls and tasks to your CRM.
A minor drawback is that Jiminny comes with a single pricing plan for all companies and users. This means that you end up paying the same amount whether you do five meetings or 100. This makes Jiminny more suitable for larger or enterprise customers.
- Target audience: Revenue teams
- User reviews: 4.7/5 based on 307 G2 reviews
- Pricing: Flat pricing of $85/user/month
- Pros: High user ratings on ease of setup and use
- Cons: Flat pricing
With a focus on transcription, Otter.ai is designed to help individuals and teams looking for a tool to save time on capturing notes from meetings.
Its simplest offering, Otter for Individuals, transcribes voice notes and online meetings, making it one of the easiest Scribe.ai alternatives to start off with.
- Target audience: Individuals, students, and businesses
- User reviews: 4.1/5 based on 105 G2 reviews
- A free plan with limits on transcription, call duration, and number of imports
- Pro plan for individuals at $8.33/month
- Business plan at $20/user
- Pros: Ease of use, free plan
- Cons: Quality of support, usage limited to transcribing and note-taking
Avoma automates common tasks – including transcription and note-taking – required for business meetings, and therefore is positioned primarily as a meeting assistant and a note-taking tool. In other words, it is an AI meeting assistant designed to make meetings more efficient and actionable.
It is designed to be flexible enough to be used by different teams within an organization – meaning that it can help professionals or teams in sales, marketing, customer success, engineering, UX, etc. It’s easy to use, and comes with a basic free plan, making it a great Scribe alternative. However, its free plan is best fit for personal use, given its limited features.
- Target audience: Professionals and teams
- User reviews: 4.8/5 on G2
Pricing: Avoma has a basic free plan with Avoma for professionals priced at $17/user and Avoma for teams at $35/user per month.
- Pros: Cost-effective plans, quality of support
- Cons: Ease of setup and use
Fireflies.ai is another AI-powered tool that automates the process of taking meeting notes. You can use it to transcribe meetings across video-conferencing and dialler apps like Google Meet, Zoom, Teams Webex, Ringcentral, Aircall, etc.
Its calendar integration means that you can invite the Fireflies.ai Notetaker to your meetings. On the collaboration front, you can comment and react on specific parts of conversations, as well as share snippets on communication and collaboration apps like Slack, Asana, and others.
- Target audience: Knowledge workers across teams
- User reviews: 4.5/5 on G2
- A free plan with limits on transcription and storage
- Pro plan for individuals and small teams at $10/user/month
- Business plan at $19/user/month
- Pros: Free plan, pricing
- Issues with the quality of transcriptions
- Low ease of use and support ratings
We hope you find this list of Scribe alternatives helpful as you look for ways to make your meetings more effective and efficient.
Here are a few more resources that can help you get the most out of all your meetings.
Conversation intelligence:A 101 for startups and early-stage companies
3 ways to record a Google Meet call
Zoom bot notetaker: A complete guide
Supercharge your Hubspot CRM with meeting insights